[Openstack] [Swift] Problem with SwiftAuth.

Shrinand Javadekar shrinand at maginatics.com
Thu Jan 23 18:44:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am trying to debug a swift auth problem. There are two swift clusters
using SwiftAuth for authentication.

On one cluster, when the client wants to authenticate, I see a GET request
being sent to:

http://swift.domain.com/v1.0/v1.0

along with the user-name and password. It receives a 200 OK from the server
along with the X-Storage-Token and X-Auth-Token. The client is successfully
authenticated and things work perfectly.

On the other cluster, when the client wants to authenticate, I see a GET
request being sent to:

https://swift2.anotherdomain.com/v1.0/v1.0

along with the username and password. In this case, the client receives a
404 NOT FOUND response. If I use https://swift2.anotherdomain.com/v1.0,
things work fine.

Is there a config option in swift to either ignore the second "v1.0" in the
path or maybe handle it in some other way so that the auth succeeds?

Thanks in advance.
-Shri