[Openstack] Does Havana supports EXSi OVA/OVF templates upload on Glance

Rajshree Thorat rajshree.thorat at gslab.com
Thu Jan 23 10:09:15 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm deploying OpenStack Havana for provisioning VMs using EXSi as
hypervisor.
VMWare driver is able to swap instances from vmdk disks and everything
works fine.

Now what I want to do is to use OVA/OVF templates exported from ESXi in
order to easily create my own custom
images and be able to provision them in a reasonable amount of time.

So what is the right way to upload OVA/OVF images using glance?

The OVA file upload goes correctly on glance, but when I deploy the VM
it comes up without OS(using
vSphere console all I get is "Operating System not Found".)

Does Havana supports ESXi OVA/OVF templates upload on glance? Or
Icehouse will support this feature?

Does anyone have any idea? Pointers in the right direction are welcome.

Regards,
Rajshree