[Openstack] [swift] Is anyone using cloudfuse successfully?

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Jan 23 09:34:08 UTC 2014

In our case, cloudfuse was used as a proxy to a remote object store.

Users would upload files to the server to a mount point handled by
cloudfuse. So as the file is being uploaded, cloudfuse is storing it in tmp
and then passing it on to Swift. We were able to easily swamp the IO or, if
/tmp was on a ramdisk, overflow tmp.