[Openstack] Can nova scheduler based on network bandwidth ?

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Wed Jan 22 01:50:48 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I noticed there is a way to create instances flavor with network bandwidth control :
Commit : 7e04e0f6acf6b8e2ceeca273133570786c8e0f91        Add support for instance vif traffic control.

Then I came up with this question:
         I have a 10Gb NIC for each compute node.
         If I set the vif_inbound_average/vif_outbound_average to 50MB, then, one compute node actually can't support instances more than 25, isn't it ?

         If there a way I can configure nova to scheduler based on the compute node's left network bandwidth, to make sure every instance will satisfied the per-defined network bandwidth ?

Thanks.
-chen