[Openstack] [Swift] Object use cases

Mark Brown ntdeveloper2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 21 16:41:07 UTC 2014

Thanks!

Any others in the private cloud space also, other than file sharing? If you can list your experiences with customers on what kind of data they store and why use it as compared to, say a NAS as the questions in the original email specifies, that would be great:-)

Thanks in advance.

On Monday, January 20, 2014 5:19 PM, Dnsbed Ops <ops at dnsbed.com> wrote:

On 2014-1-21 7:56, Mark Brown wrote:

> I wanted to get an idea about what kind of use cases Object is being
> used for, and had some questions around that.
>
> 1.  What kind of use cases is object used for in the public cloud?

Dropbox's backend storage is the object storage Amazon S3.