[Openstack] [openstack]No option to specify subnet to launch an instance

sylecn sylecn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 11:22:39 UTC 2014

Hi Ageeleshwar,

"neutron port-create" supports choosing subnet via the --fixed-ip option,
although it might not be obvious.

  --fixed-ip ip_address=IP_ADDR
                        desired IP for this port:
                        subnet_id=<name_or_id>,ip_address=<ip>, (This option
                        can be repeated.)

neutron port-create --fixed-ip
subnet_id=d094870d-14ca-4efd-bd76-837231016440
2864263a-8217-4bb0-accd-0dd523e2ddcc

I didn't find the horizon way of doing it either. Maybe it's not supported
as of now.

Thanks,
Yuanle