[Openstack] Problem while launching instance using novaclient

varun bhatnagar varun292006 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 12:09:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I ran into this problem again... :(
Tried allocating more resources but that did not work.
I am pasting my log file contents below.

*ubuntu8gb at ubuntu8gb:/opt/stack/tempest$ cd /opt/stack/nova &&
/usr/local/bin/nov a-novncproxy --config-file /etc/nova/nova.conf --web
/opt/stack/noVNC || echo "n -novnc failed to start" | tee
"/opt/stack/status/stack/n-novnc.failure"WebSocket server settings:  -
Listen on 0.0.0.0:6080 <http://0.0.0.0:6080>  - Flash security policy
server  - Web server. Web root: /opt/stack/noVNC  - No SSL/TLS support (no
cert file)  - proxying from 0.0.0.0:6080 <http://0.0.0.0:6080> to
ignore:ignore*

How to resolve this?

Regards,
Varun

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM, varun bhatnagar <varun292006 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thank you sooo much everyone for the help and suggestions. The problem was
> due to the resource allocation.
> It is fixed now.
>
> Thanks again!!!
>
> Regards,
> Varun
>

> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM, andrewsben at gmail.com <
> andrewsben at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Usually when I have seen this the flavor was requiring more resources
>> then any of the nova nodes could support.
>>
>> What is flavor 2 as far as resources go? And do you have enough allotted
>> for them?
>>
>> Ben
>> On Dec 31, 2013 12:35 AM, "varun bhatnagar" <varun292006 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am new to Openstack. With lots of difficulties I was able to install
>>> Openstack using devstack on my machine. I was trying to launch an instance
>>> using nova command:
>>>
>>> *"nova boot testnode --image <id> --flavor 2"*
>>>
>>> It tries to launch the instance but in dashboard once the spawning is
>>> done it throws an error saying:
>>>
>>> Error: Failed to launch instance "testnode": Please try again
>>> later[Error:No valid host was found.]
>>>
>>> Can anyone please tell me what is going wrong here?
>>>
>>> This is how my localrc files looks like:
>>>
>>> enable_service n-net
>>> #enable_service q-svc
>>> #enable_service q-agt
>>> #enable_service q-dhcp