[Openstack] Horizon in Havana with nova-network instead of Neutron

Sascha Vogt sascha.vogt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 07:57:24 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to OpenStack and am currently trying to setup Ubuntu with
Havana on a single node with single NIC (with the idea to later add a
few compute nodes also with a single NIC).

My first try was a setup with Neutron but that I couldn't get to work,
now I started fresh with nova-network and it's working so far.
Unfortunately Horizon doesn't come up. From the Apache error.log it
looks like Horizion fails to load Neutron:

[Tue Jan 14 16:40:47 2014] [error]   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutronclient/v2_0/client.py", line
1175, in retry_request
[Tue Jan 14 16:40:47 2014] [error]     raise
exceptions.ConnectionFailed(reason=_("Maximum attempts reached"))
[Tue Jan 14 16:40:47 2014] [error] ConnectionFailed: Connection to
neutron failed: Maximum attempts reached

Is there a way to use Horizon without Neutron in Havana?

Greetings
-Sascha-