[Openstack] [Nova] What is the correct way to provide Windows instance password for user?

jeffty wantwatering at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 00:44:53 UTC 2014

Hi Martinx,

I've tried windows 2012 image created by cloudbase before. Also I have
created windows image with cloudbase windows cloud-init also.

For CloudBase's 2012 image, when you launch the instance you will find
the Administrator has an empty password and you need to modify it first
log in.

For my own image there is a non-empty password for Administrator and
user need to know that before launch the instance.

But I don't think these way are good for providing in commercial. Since
customer may order many same windows instances at the same time. All of
them have the same empty or specified password is not secure.

So that's my confusion.

Thanks.