[Openstack] Formulate application developer oriented questions for the user survey

Mark Collier mark at collierclan.net
Fri Jan 17 22:27:51 UTC 2014

Thanks for bringing up the opportunity to expand the survey to gather
feedback from end-users (of the API...) Everett.

I think this is a great idea, and I was also thinking that as we make
progress on the interop efforts with things like DefCore[1][2][3] (and
RefStack) that Rob Hirshfeld & others are leading, it's critical that we
get input from this class of "user".  For example, it would be ideal IMHO
to identify which APIs (and underlying functions) are most valued, to
inform the list of tests included and ultimately the ones that "must pass".

Today there is an optional component in the survey for "deployment" which
obviously fits the operator class of "user", so perhaps there is a similar
path with more detailed question for the devs targeting the APIs (i.e.
deploying apps on openstack clouds, for lack of a better phrase) that
includes some kind of feedback mechanism for individual APIs (don't care
/nice to have/ must have) as well as related issues like api
discoverability.

[1] http://robhirschfeld.com/category/clouds/openstack/defcore/
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/DefCoreCommittee