[Openstack] Private images are not displayed in Horizon

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 15:29:35 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-16 at 13:59 +0000, Narayanan, Krishnaprasad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The problem that I am facing is as the user who uploaded the image, I am unable to see it in the users account.

If this is indeed the case, then that is a bug.

However... make really sure that you are indeed logged in as the tenant
that added the image. If you are using something like nova image-list to
see your images, ensure that you are not using a cached tenant token by
issuing the nova image-list commands with the --no-cache CLI option.

To set the image as a public image, as an admin, issue the following
command with the glance CLI tool:

glance image-update --is-public=True <IMAGE_UUID>

Best,
-jay