[Openstack] [OpenStack][cinder] Failed to schedule_create_volume: No valid host was found

Mark Vlcek (mavlcek) mavlcek at cisco.com
Wed Jan 15 19:50:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm attempting to create a volume on my DevStack-based OpenStack install and am seeing the error "Failed to schedule_create_volume: No valid host was found."

However, I have about 90 GB of free space on the root partition of my VM running OpenStack and configured the ~/devstack/local.conf file to use the volume group "VolGroup" (as opposed to "cinder-volumes" which I believe is the default) on this partition. Is this what's causing my issue? Does the volume group need to be named "cinder-volumes" for it to work correctly, or is something else causing my issue? Where else should I look besides the cinder logs and RabbitMQ notifications.error queue?

Mark

P.S. - Sorry if this got posted before, not trying to spam, just wasn't sure if [OpenStack] tag had to be included in subject field or not