[Openstack] [openstack]AutoScaling fails on multiple networks?

Simon Pasquier simon.pasquier at bull.net
Tue Jan 14 09:54:02 UTC 2014

Hello,

On 14/01/2014 02:49, Tianzhenhua wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I have a problem about openstack autoscaling by template! I have added 4
> networks in my system (from horizon web portal),
>
 > (snip)
>
> I check the resource of
> AutoScalingGroup(AWS::AutoScaling::AutoScalingGroup), I can not find
> some parameters to set the Network ID.

You can use the VPCZoneIdentifier property [1] with the subnet uuid:

"myGroup": {
   "Type": "AWS::AutoScaling::AutoScalingGroup",
   "Properties": {
      ...,
      "VPCZoneIdentifier": [ "aa70dc7f-6dde-4eeb-92d2-bf92bcb1d03a" ]
   }
}

Note that you're limited to only one subnet id. Check this bug for more
details: https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/grizzly/+bug/1096017

Cheers,

Simon

[1]