[Openstack] [nova] Launch image instance error

Mark Vlcek (mavlcek) mavlcek at cisco.com
Mon Jan 13 21:28:58 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm attempting to launch an instance of an image via the dashboard but I keep getting this error:

Failed to launch instance "cfntools-demo-test": Please try again later [Error: Remote error: ProcessExecutionError Unexpected error while running command. Command: sudo nova-rootwrap /etc/nova/rootwrap.conf env CONFIG_FILE=["/etc/nova/nova.conf"] NETWORK_ID=1 dnsmasq --strict-order --bind-interfaces --conf-file= --pid-file=/opt/stac]

When I copied & pasted the command into the terminal it appeared to run without any issues or output. However, when I tried to launch an image after running that command in the terminal, I got the same error.

Any ideas why this is happening or how to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Mark