[Openstack] [Neutron] LBaaS not working after Grizzly -> Havana update (DB error)

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Jan 13 20:32:12 UTC 2014

I went a head and created the colum it was complaining about , no
doubt this will come back to haunt me:

mysql> ALTER TABLE pools ADD COLUMN status_description varchar(255)
DEFAULT NULL AFTER status;

but at least neutron-server will run with the lbaas agent enabled
while I try and figure out why it's now working, current error in
lbaas-agent.log:

2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 ERROR
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager [-] Unable
to retrieve ready devices
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager Traceback
(most recent call last):
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutron/services/loadbalancer/drivers/haproxy/agent_manager.py",
line 212, in sync_state
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager
ready_logical_devices = set(self.plugin_rpc.get_ready_devices())
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutron/services/loadbalancer/drivers/haproxy/agent_api.py",
line 36, in get_ready_devices
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager
topic=self.topic
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager   File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/neutron/openstack/common/rpc/proxy.py",
line 130, in call
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager
exc.info, real_topic, msg.get('method'))
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager Timeout:
Timeout while waiting on RPC response - topic:
"q-lbaas-process-on-host", RPC method: "get_ready_devices" info:
"<unknown>"
2014-01-13 15:10:51.363 3850 TRACE
neutron.services.loadbalancer.drivers.haproxy.agent_manager
2014-01-13 15:10:51.364 3850 WARNING
neutron.openstack.common.loopingcall [-] task run outlasted interval
by 50.013501 sec

I don't see any queues named "q-lbaas-process-on-host" there is a
"lbaas_process_on_host_agent", does something need renaming in the
message queue (using rabbitmq)?  Does that even make sense? Message
queueing is easily the piece of OpenStack I know the least about...

Thanks,
-Jon