[Openstack] [Neutron] setup metadata proxy in Havana

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Jan 13 13:34:46 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Darragh O'Reilly
<dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Jon,
>
> the RST is probably because the curl request was to port 8775. Can you try again to port 80 and also use -n with tcpdump.

Thanks for the extra eyes on that one, been a long weekend and not so
much in the good way, I didn't mean to be using :8775

> I was able to get metadata from the DHCP namespace proxy on a provider network with an external router working by pushing out a static route to 169.154.169.254 with DHCP. There are more details and a workarounds here https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1236783  - Note I did not use enable_metadata_network.

That's basicaly what I had working with Grizzly.

Now I'm getting an internal server error because:

connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE,
path="/var/lib/quantum/metadata_proxy"}, 33) = -1 ECONNREFUSED
(Connection refused)

So I'm thinking I need to extract some leftover Grizzly-quantum stuff.

Thanks,
-Jon