[Openstack] CentOS Network Create problem

Thanassis Parathyras aparathyras at stackmasters.eu
Mon Jan 13 10:52:05 UTC 2014

Hi George,

there a lot of deployment options for OpenStack and Networking services.
First i need to clarify that OpenStack can be run in many different
ways. That is running OpenStack services in different machines according
to someone's needs.
This means that controller and compute nodes can have several setups
depending each deployment case.
In your case a controller and a compute node are described in the manual
as in the following link
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/install-guide/install/yum/content/ch_overview.html#overview-architecture
and nova-network is used in a multi-host setup.
Multi-host setup for the networking means that every computing host will
deploy a nova-network service, avoiding SPOF in comparison with a single
node setup.
Further, take a note that in a single node setup you could collocate
nova-network in the "controller"node.
All these trying to explain you some of the many different setups.

Now, for your case br100 should be on compute node only. This can be
done either by running the command in controller or in compute, usually
controller is used because nova-clients live there.

Hope i didn't grow your confusion :)
Thanassis

Thanassis Parathyras
StackMasters - The European OpenStack Integration Company
www.stackmasters.eu