[Openstack] [metering][ceilometer] instance uptime meter in Ceilometer?

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Jan 13 09:12:09 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 13 2014, Shengjie Min wrote:

> In Ceilometer, is there a type of meter allows me to charge users based on
> the uptime of the instances they have instead of cpu, memory utilisation?

Not directly unfortunately. The information indicating if the VM is on
or off is included in metadata as part of the state or vm_state field,
and you can filter on it. However, computing the duration based on this
state over a period of time is trickier and not supported yet.

Cheers,
--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker # independent consultant