[Openstack] [neutron][ML2]Question about VM migration with ML2 plugin

Zhuang Yuxin yuxin.zhuang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 14:29:58 UTC 2014

Dear all,

With ML2 plugin, multiple mechanism drivers can be used simultaneously.
Each mech driver may require different vif type implementation, e.g. tap
device as backend or sriov VF passthru. If I take it correct, it's possible
for two hosts on a network to use different mech drivers,
supporting different type of vif. What if a vm is migrated to a host where
the mech driver and vif type are different from the source host? I'm
wondering if there is any deployment requirement to avoid this kind of
situation or any code to check this.

Thanks so much,
Yuxin