[Openstack] [Ask] Cinder Ubuntu Saucy 13.10

Mac Innes, Kiall kiall at hp.com
Sat Jan 4 18:16:36 UTC 2014

Hi Mahardhika,

So - There's actually a bunch of good reasons why people still use
precise for OpenStack..

* Ubuntu precise is the most recent Ubuntu LTS release[1].
* Canonical have committed to providing new OpenStack releases for their
LTS releases[2]. e.g. Precise will get OpenStack Icehouse, Saucy will not.

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS
[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/CloudArchive

Thanks,
Kiall