[Openstack] Can I move keystone-signing-XXX files out of /tmp ?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Thu Jan 2 18:29:19 UTC 2014

Excerpts from Adam Young's message of 2014-01-02 08:51:04 -0800:
> On 12/24/2013 11:30 AM, Xin Zhao wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am running a Grizzly multi-host test cluster on RHEL6. On the
> > controller node, there are several keystone-signing-XXXX files
> > automatically created by the daemons. But if some disk cleanup scripts
> > kick in and remove them, that will cause problem to the services. So I
> > wonder if I can move them to a more permanent place like /var/cache/ ?
> > Any advice and best practice experience on this will be greatly
> > appreciated.
> Yes, so long as the services get config option knowing where to look for
> the files, they can and should live in /var/cache. That is what RDO does
> by default.  /tmp is a "safe default and  developer friendly" solution,
> but not necessary for a live deployment.

Odd that /tmp is ok and yet /var/cache is used otherwise. Since /tmp is
blown away at reboot, I'd expect /var/run not /var/cache. But meh,
doesn't matter too much I suppose.

> > $ ls -lrt /tmp
> >
> >  keystone-signing-tdtD3g
> >  keystone-signing-swift
> >  keystone-signing-nova
> >  keystone-signing-eEXjn_
> >  keystone-signing-xwSFNi
> >  keystone-signing-YqxWd2

These random dirs are good, but the predictable ones open nova and swift
up to local DOS. That isn't really an appropriate production default.
Before I run off and file a bug without background, has this already
been addressed? I did a shallow dive trying to find where these come
from and only see the randomized ones, so perhaps a pointer to the code
that made those would help?