[Openstack] swift cluster with more than one server

Kuo Hugo tonytkdk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 04:27:15 UTC 2014

1. Deploy Swift into new nodes
2. Sync the /etc/swift.conf on all nodes.
3. Format and mount all drives on new nodes
4. Setting Rsync on new nodes
5. Adding new devices to the ring
6. Rebalancing the ring on existing node, and then distribute rings to all
nodes. *Rings* must be consistency on all nodes within this cluster.
7. Start Swift daemons on new nodes.
8. Done , Replicators will do the rest of jobs for you.

Perfect~

Hugo