[Openstack] [SWIFT] A way to tell how much data is used on container servers?

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Tue Feb 18 03:51:55 UTC 2014

Look on your existing drives in your cluster and see how much space the "account" and "container" directories are using (eg `du -sh /srv/node/*/{accounts,containers}`). Sum that across all the servers in your cluster, and you've got it.

As a general rule of thumb (ie HUGE ASSUMPTIONS MADE HERE), account and container data is generally below 1% of the space used for objects. At least that's a starting point you can use before you have real data. As always, base decisions on data over recommendations.

--John