[Openstack] Openstack Havana (Sorry Grizzly) Network Node swing migration

Geraint Jones geraint at koding.com
Mon Feb 17 07:22:32 UTC 2014

Okay thanks for that, a few moments of darkness is fine.

Is this right :

On the existing and new network nodes

1. Apply this patch to Quantum: https://gist.github.com/jaypipes/8135839
2. Set the router_scheduler_driver in nova.conf to
quantum.scheduler.l3_agent_scheduler.LeastUtilizedScheduler
Reference:https://github.com/stackforge/cookbook-openstack-network/blob/mas
ter/templates/default/neutron.conf.erb#L232
3. Put this script into a cron job:
https://github.com/stackforge/cookbook-openstack-network/blob/master/files/
default/neutron-ha-tool.py

What do I need to do to make the DHCP and Metadata agent schedulable ?

"Depending on if you use namespaces or not you will have to make sure the
router_id in the l3_agent.ini on the new node is properly set to the same
id)² I am assuming if I silly SCP the configs from the first network node
to the second this will take care of that ? (We don¹t use namespaces
anyhow)

--
Geraint Jones

Director of Systems & Infrastructure