[Openstack] [Horizon] Error: horizon/js/horizon.js isn't accessible via COMPRESS_URL

Andrii L postmaster.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 15 13:37:19 UTC 2014

Hello,

I would really appreciate if you help me understand the following exception:

---
'horizon/js/horizon.js' isn't accessible via COMPRESS_URL ('/static/') and
can't be compressed

Request URL: http://10.100.0.1/project/newpanel
Django Version: 1.4.10
Exception Type: UncompressableFileError
Exception Value:
'horizon/js/horizon.js' isn't accessible via COMPRESS_URL ('/static/') and
can't be compressed
Exception Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/compressor/base.py
in get_basename, line 75
Python Executable: /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.7.3

Error during template rendering
In template /opt/stack/horizon/horizon/templates/horizon/_conf.html, error
at line 3

1 {% load compress %}
2
3 {% compress js %}
4 <script src='{{ STATIC_URL }}horizon/js/horizon.js'
type='text/javascript' charset='utf-8'></script>
5 <script src='{{ STATIC_URL }}horizon/js/horizon.conf.js'
type='text/javascript' charset='utf-8'></script>
---

What I am trying to do is to return any variable to template with the help
of render_to_response(). I set up default Devstack installation and created
a simple new panel under the Project dashboard.

It's really basic and just to prove the concept is working:

urls.py

from django.conf.urls.defaults import url, patterns
from .views import MyView
urlpatterns = patterns('',
    url(r'^$', MyView.as_view(), name='index'),
)

views.py

from django.shortcuts import render_to_response
class MyView(View):
    def get(self, request):
        date_format = '%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S'
        now = datetime.datetime.now()
        return render_to_response('project/newpanel/index.html',
{'current_date': now.strftime(date_format)})

index.html

{% extends "base.html" %}
{% load i18n sizeformat %}
{% block title %}{% trans "New Panel" %}{% endblock %}
{% block main %}
{{ current_date }}
{% endblock %}

As I see my template was identified. Django is trying to extend base.html
and for some reasons fails on _conf.html.

I have COMPRESS_ENABLED = False in settings.py.

I know that some Horizon classes such as APIView or MultiTableView already
define method get() which returns self.render_to_response(context). But I
would like to start with something simple. I am not building any new table
for now. Although, maybe it's not possible to use render_to_response in
Horizon without using those classes?

Thank you for your help.