[Openstack] best single node install tutorial

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Sat Feb 15 03:32:10 UTC 2014

On 02/14/2014 10:08 PM, Aryeh Friedman wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Remo Mattei <remo at italy1.com
> <mailto:remo at italy1.com>> wrote:
>
>     Are you looking for red hat / centos or ubunto ?
>

> Doesn't matter we plan to make versions of the tutorial for each OS
>

>     Packstack does I nice job rh/centos
>     Devstack on Debian / ubunto
>

> We *SPECIFICALLY* do not want a crippled install process (crippled in
> the sense that it is only a wrapper around someone else's precanned
> scripts)
Devstack is in Shell exactly for that reason. It is an attempt to
document best practices as you would execute them from scratch.  It
works for Both Ubuntu and Fedora.

We had an old document for step by step, but it has bit-rotted due to
the current focus on Packstack:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack

I still refer to it from time to time on the Keystone issues.