[Openstack] nova-novnc SSL configuration - Havana

Nagaraj Mandya nmandya at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 10:39:38 UTC 2014

Hello,
  I want to run the Nova noVNC proxy over SSL (HTTPS). And so, I created a
self-signed certificate and put both the certificate and the private key in
/etc/nova/ssl. I then edited nova.conf and added the following:

ssl_only=true
cert=/etc/nova/ssl/cert.crt
key=/etc/nova/ssl/private.key

  I then modified the nova proxy URL to use https instead of http and
restarted the noVNC service. However, though Nova returns the VNC URL as
https, I am unable to connect over HTTPS to the URL. Is there any other
configuration that needs to be changed? I do not see any logs from novnc as
well. Thanks.
--
Regards,
Nagaraj