[Openstack] Bringing up VMs in an OpenStack private cloud with access to 2 external networks (dmz and corporate)

Ritesh Nanda riteshnanda09 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 22:45:40 UTC 2014

Hello Vivek,

I hope you are talking about something related to provider networks in
quantum. You can use vlans based networking in neutron. if i understand
correctly you want every vm created gets a nic with ip either in dmz or
corporate network.
Share more details.

Regards,
Ritesh Nanda

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:02 AM, Vivek Varghese Cherian <
vivekcherian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We are trying to set up a OpenStack based private cloud. We have 2
> networks one a dmz network with little or no restrictions and
> the other a corporate network with all the corporate access policies in
> place.
>
> The goal of setting up this private cloud is to ensure that any vms that
> come up in the OpenStack cloud should have I.P. Addresses assigned
> either in the dmz or corporate network or both depending on the project
> requirement.
>
> We currently have a 4 server setup, every server in the setup has 4 nic
> cards each. We are planning to have a network,controller,compute and
> storage node with future plans of adding HA to the setup.
>
> We have set up a network controller node with 4 nics.  We are planning to
> map the first nic to the dmz network, the second nic to the corporate
> network, the third and
> fourth nic to the management and data network respectively.
>
> Currently we are trying to bridge map each of these 4 interfaces on the
> network controller to the dmz, corporate, data and management networks
> respectively.
>
> I would like to get pointers on how to go about with this approach or if
> the community can suggest any better solutions than bridge mappings to
> achieve our objective.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Vivek Varghese Cherian