[Openstack] GSOC 2014 - org reg and application for mentoring

Kovács Bálint blint at balabit.hu
Tue Feb 11 15:11:35 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

there have been a few mails about OpenStack participating in GSOC 2014,
but I haven't found any pointers on whether there has already been an
organisation registration.

We at the Zorp project have been pondering doing our org registration
too, but figured that joining up with you in an OpenStack-related idea
would probably be more valuable to both of us.

Zorp is an application level proxy firewall with a python configuration
language and extremely flexible architecture and we are looking into
creating a Zorp driver for the Neutron FWaaS extension.

Of course we would be happy to mentor anybody from the Zorp side and
(given our limited understanding of OpenStack) would be very grateful if
we could have somebody co-mentor the OpenStack side of the idea.

What do you think?

Best Regards,
Balint