[Openstack] [User-committee] Formulate application developer oriented questions for the user survey

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Feb 10 19:01:49 UTC 2014

On Feb 10, 2014, at 12:06 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com<mailto:jaypipes at gmail.com>> wrote:

Don't forget about operating system!

Right. I considered this but the majority of the tools are already cross-platform (C# and Visual Studio being the obvious exceptions).

However, when it comes to testing, it’s so easy to disregard one OS or another because you don’t spend all day in it. I think we should include this to help inform our testing.

What operating system do you use?

1. Linux
2. MacOSX
3. Windows
4. Emacs

Serious question. Do we really need to still specify the “OS X” part?

When I started developing on a Mac, it was after the switch. To me it’s only ever been just “Mac”. I suspect the it’s generally understood that “Mac”="Mac OS X” or am I off on that?

I think when we say Linux, Mac, or Windows we have to take the answer to mean whatever the currently supported version of that OS is for sanity’s sake.

Thanks,
Everett