[Openstack] Deleted admin tenant by mistake

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 15:12:58 UTC 2014

On 02/07/2014 04:49 AM, dheeru wrote:
> Create another tenant and assign the admin role. You should be able to
> use it. Which services are not starting ?

Not quite enough. Assuming you are using the SQL backend, you want to
recreate the old Admin tenant ID so tha resources owned by that tenant
are back.  Do you have a record off the UUID tenant ID?  If so, either
create a different tenant andn alter it, or directly create it in the
data base.  The SQL is relatively simple:

What i have is:
  select * from project where name = 'admin';;
+----------------------------------+-------+-------+-------------+---------+-----------+
| id                               | name  | extra | description |
enabled | domain_id |
| e0a4094cb09a4e528139d076244d0bde | admin | {}    | NULL |       1 |
default   |

for  'create' the following sql works:

insert into project (id, name, extra, description, enabled, domain_id)
values ('someuuid', 'admin-too', '{}','Admin Project',1, 'default');

so replace 'someuuid' with the old uuid, and set the name to 'admin'