[Openstack] How to change mtu for l3-agent virtual ports ?

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Sat Feb 8 07:01:40 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I have learned that we can configure instances to work with different MTU size, such as

1.       Configure /etc/neutron/plugins/openvswitch/ovs_neutron_plugin.ini

veth_mtu = ${your_MTU}

2.       Configure /etc/nova/nova.conf

network_device_mtu= ${your_MTU}

3.       Configure /etc/neutron/ dhcp_agent.ini

dnsmasq_config_file = /etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf

And add to /etc/neutron/dnsmasq-neutron.conf:

dhcp-option-force=26,${your_MTU}

But, for neutron-dhcp-agent and neutron-l3-agent, all virtual ports created are still have MTU=1500.
Are there any configuration for these two component that can let us also change these virtual ports' MTU?

Thanks.
-chen