[Openstack] How to achieve HA and Scalability for Neutron

Nick Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 15:51:33 UTC 2014

On 1/8/2014 3:35 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> Unless something has changed recently, I believe the default behavior
> of Neutron is to start a dnsmasq process within the tenant's network
> namespace on only *one* DHCP agent.

Right now, multiple DHCP agents can serve one network when you set
"dhcp_agents_per_network = ?" in neutron.conf. This enables redundant
DHCP agents for the networks. So, when multiple DHCP agents involves,
the DHCP agent scheduler is activated finally, but it seems that the
only scheduler is ChanceScheduler to randomly select one DHCP agent for
the non-hosted network without any consideration of the load of the DHCP
agent, which is *how many networks are hosted on that DHCP agent*.

Is it desirable to implement LeastUtilizedDHCPScheduler under such a
common circumstance right now? worth to provide a bp for it?

--

Nick Ma
skywalker.nick at gmail.com