[Openstack] Odd Keystone Behaviour

Daniel Ellison daniel at syrinx.net
Thu Feb 6 15:09:36 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I've run into an issue with a Havana Keystone install on CentOS 6.3. When I issue a command such as:

    keystone user-list

I get in response:

    Unable to authorize user

This happens with service-list, endpoint-list, role-list, etc. Oddly, it does NOT happen with tenant-list; I get a proper list of tenants in response.

Running the commands with "--debug", the response body to a "/tokens" request for all was identical aside from the token itself and timestamps. The difference came after that, where most of the *-list commands returned "Unable to authorize user" except for tenant-list, which returned the list of tenants.

There is one reference to this issue at http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/yum/content/keystone-verify.html#comment-1143923155 so I know I'm not the only one having this issue. The key is that ONE of the commands works while all the rest don't.

Any ideas?