[Openstack] [Keystone]404 error when trying to get list of users

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 00:59:38 UTC 2014

Not that I know of I know when I was doing some scripts last summer (which
with enhancements will be part of a forth coming tutorial on using VM's as
a lab and then later using them to improve the robustness and stability of
your production install) I got stuck here about 8 times and each time had
to do a complete ground up reinstall and repeat of the process upto the
keystone admin stuff (if everything goes well  here and you have your
tenant/realm, user, etc. environmental variables set right [before you
start keystone] it should work).... the need for 8 reinstalls of the base
OS is what lead to using VM's because there you clone it after each
successful major step and then if that blows up just replace it with the
clone... for a dry run of the tutorials (installing devstack) see
http://www.freebsd-openstack.org... the next one (conceptual overview of a
openstack install plus nova/cinder/keystone/glance [aka the compute node
with no network or controller node]) will be out later in the month or
early next (depending on the answer I get from a potential co-author)....
by the end of the tutorial we will have a full install and a trivial app
made all 100% from the command line using no outside knowledge then whats
in the tutorials but it will be complete enough for you to write custom
scripts with.... due to how PetiteCloud (the main tool besides OpenStack
that is needed to do the tutorials) works the end result (at your option)
of the tutorials will be a baremetal bootable set of fully functioning
compute node, storage node, network node and control node (separate
physical machines or not as needed)... for people who feel unconformatable
with VM's we will also show how to do it on baremetal and if they prefer
OpenStack or raw VM's over PetiteCloud we will show that also