[Openstack] [Keystone]404 error when trying to get list of users

Mark Vlcek (mavlcek) mavlcek at cisco.com
Tue Feb 4 23:28:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm using the Keystone V2 REST API<http://api.openstack.org/api-ref-identity.html#identity-v2> to try to get a list of users and their IDs but for some reason I keep getting a 404 error in the JSON response.

The specific API call I'm trying to make is:

GET http://[hostname]:5000/v2.0/users
with the X-Auth-Token properly added to the header.

The response I'm getting is:

{
    "error": {
        "message": "The resource could not be found.",
        "code": 404,
        "title": "Not Found"
    }
}

I see that the documentation says that "name" is another one of the request parameters, but when I tried adding it as a URL parameter or in the header I just get invalid responses.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mark