[Openstack] port on openvswitch not tagged upon VM launch

DeadManMoving sequel at neofreak.org
Mon Feb 3 19:00:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

thanks for the info, it helped me going a bit further with this.

I did not have anything configured regarding vif in my nova.conf file on
my compute node.

So i tried putting the following :

libvirt_vif_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtGenericVIFDriver
libvirt_ovs_bridge=br-int
libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true

in my nova.conf config file on my compute node but it did not help.

So i wanted to have a better look at the neutron logs but, they were
full of : 'iptables-restore: line 62 failed\n'
messages so, it was a bit hard to figure something out.

So i tried to disable the firewall driver, by changing :

firewall_driver =
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver

to :

firewall_driver = neutron.agent.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver

in my ovs_neutron_plugin.ini config file and surprisingly, it started
working, the port is tagged automatically.

That brings me to my next question, why would the port be tagged
correctly with firewall_driver set to
neutron.agent.firewall.NoopFirewallDriver but not with
neutron.agent.linux.iptables_firewall.OVSHybridIptablesFirewallDriver
?!

@Ageeleshwar Kandavelu

I don't have physical interfaces on my integration bridge, just on my
normal (first) bridge (in my case br0).

Thank you so much!

Tony