[Openstack] nova unique name generator middleware

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Sun Feb 2 08:00:57 UTC 2014

It would be interesting to have a formal exit inside OpenStack nova at VM creation for this sort of check rather than having to patch the code.

Other scenarios that I've seen is where there is a need to enforce limits as the server name is used for other purposes. Examples are characters in the server name or maximum length.

Tim