[Openstack] [openstack-user] About installing CLI for swift on windows

Mayur Patil ram.nath241089 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 16:04:00 UTC 2014

Hi All,

    I am trying to install Client Library for OpenStack Object Storage API
i.e. python-swiftclient.

    I have tried for each method but all fails:

    1)   pip install python-swiftclient
    2)   pip install <url_of_package>
    3)   easy_install python-swiftclient

    I also configured manually setup.cfg in python-swiftclient as follows:

    http://fpaste.org/73621/

    in which, I have removed scripts= bin/swift.

    It seems to be all Ok from configurations. http://fpaste.org/73625/

    It also setup swift.exe to C:\Python27\Scripts.

    But again if I will check for  swift --version, it gives error
http://fpaste.org/73627/

    I have also googled but it did not help; stuck at this!

    Seeking for guidance,

    Thanks !!
*--*
*Cheers,*