[Openstack] Use MYISAM storage engine

Hui Kang hkang.sunysb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 21:36:19 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have a MySQL database using MyISAM engine, instead of innodb. When I
install the openstack service, I can successfully create the database such
as keystone, glance.
However, when I run

su -s /bin/sh -c "keystone-manage db_sync" keystone

it reports the error

 CRITICAL keystone [-] NotSupportedError: (NotSupportedError) (1286,
"Unknown storage engine 'InnoDB'") 'ALTER TABLE `credential` Engine=InnoDB'
()

I think the error is caused by the myisam database engine. So I am
wondering whether openstack support MyISAM storage engine. If so, how can I
configure? Thanks in advance.

- Hui