[Openstack] Benchmarking OpenStack services with Rally using synthetic workloads

Hui Kang hkang.sunysb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 17:39:12 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have a small size openstack deployment testbed and plan to use Rally to
run some benchmark experiments.

The goal is to  stressing the keystone service, nova service, and mysql
database by simulating many users who creates VM instances.
However, as there are only two compute nodes in my testbed, it is
unrealistic for me to create thousands of VM instances in this scenario.

So I am wondering whether there is any mechanism in Rally that can emulate
such behavior.
Thanks in advance.

- Hui