[Openstack] Can't restart devstack.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Wed Dec 24 05:59:07 UTC 2014

Hi, all.  Trying to get a feel for OpenStack, so I installed DevStack.
And it works great... until I have the audacity to restart it.  Apache
doesn't go fully live unless I do a restart -- and if I do that, I don't
get past the login screen (just tells me that admin had trouble
authenticating).  Likewise, the few things I'm even mildly familiar with
-- e.g., nova commands -- never seem to execute, or even return to the
CLI.  I'm guessing it's getting hung up on something during
rejoin-stack.sh.  The log files aren't showing me anything that leaps to
my eye.  I've done a full DevStack re-install from scratch -- same
problem.

1) Which log files should I be digging into for more info?

2) Is there a way to get a status on the various components?

3) Should I wipe my Ubuntu 14.04 install entirely, and start from
scratch?

Thanks much -- and Happy Holidays to thems that celebrate 'em!

-Ken