[Openstack] [swift] [ceph-backend]

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 23 02:08:53 UTC 2014

I've been taking a look at this
(https://github.com/stackforge/swift-ceph-backend and forks etc). Looks
good.

I have some possibly dumb questions :-)

1/ Async updates

There's a comment in rados_server.py about not handling these. What
exactly is the issue? (I note in Juno we need to add a policy arg, but
they seem to work AFAICS).

2/ Replication

Doing some testing to 2 regions and 2 zones (each region with its own
ceph cluster), I can get the ceph data out of sync between the regions
if I stop one region and make changes in the other (then restart). This
same test works fine for standard swift object backend. Are we in need
of some more code in the replication side of things?

Cheers

Mark