[Openstack] corrupt downloads: GRE, openvswitch, ipv6

Harm Weites harm at weites.com
Mon Dec 22 18:37:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

My cloud is using IPv4 addressing to access metadata only, all
regular/other traffic is all IPv6. I'm facing a problem now where
certain (!) downloads are corrupted, eg. making it impossible to yum
update my kernel (this is a CentOS 7 instance). The instance is
receiving a MTU of 1454 per DHCPv4, all other interfaces involved are
set to 1500.

Setup:
- controller node running neutron and openvswitch
- compute node running the instances and neutron-openvswitch-agent

The cloud is configured with GRE tunnels and uses ML2 (openvswitch).

How to aproach this?

Regards,
Harm