[Openstack] Query regarding OVS

ppnaik ppnaik at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Dec 18 07:04:37 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I am doing a openstack icehouse setup following the guide :

http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/in...

I have one server (OS is ubuntu desktop 14.04) with controller+neutron
with controller using eth0 and neutron management using eth1. I have
given a IP to eth1:1 in the same subnet as of management network for
instance tunnel interface.

The other server is compute node (OS ubuntu server 14.04)

I am able to create instance and assign a floating IP to the VM which I
can ping and ssh. But I cannot access internet from the VM.

Also, I have to restart the openvswitch-switch service to access
anything related to ovs. After the restart after 30 minutes the same
error get logged and I cannot access anything related to ovs again
i.e.ovs-vsctl. I can access using ovs-ofctl.

the logs in /var/log/neutron/openvswitch-agent.log on the compute node
show the following error:

ERROR neutron.agent.linux.ovs_lib [-] Unable to execute ['ovs-vsctl',
'--timeout=10', 'list-ports', 'br-int']. Exception: Command: ['sudo',
'/usr/bin/neutron-rootwrap', '/etc/neutron/rootwrap.conf', 'ovs-vsctl',
'--timeout=10', 'list-ports', 'br-int']

unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: connection attempt failed (Protocol
error)\novs-vsctl: unix:/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock: database
connection failed (Protocol error)\n'

ERROR neutron.plugins.openvswitch.agent.ovs_neutron_agent [-] Error
while processing VIF ports

Kindly help me resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Priyanka