[Openstack] Network speed issue

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Dec 16 19:39:24 UTC 2014

On 12/16/2014 11:33 AM, Georgios Dimitrakakis wrote:
> Rick,
>
> I haven't tried that yet
>
> I 'll do it asap and post the results.
>

> Can you recommend any specific tests that I should run on netperf?

I would start with this on the VM from which you are executing the scp:

netperf -t TCP_STREAM -H <name or IP of other VM>

If you happen to install from source (preferably top of trunk) I would
suggest:

./configure --enable-demo

before building the netperf binary and then you can do something like:

netperf -t TCP_STREAM -H <name or IP of other VM> -D 1.0 -l <time>

where I would make <time> 10 or 20 seconds longer than it takes before
the scp starts slowing down.

rick