[Openstack] Network speed issue

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Dec 16 19:35:33 UTC 2014

I thought you said you were using Nova legacy networking:

> In my OpenStack installation (Icehouse and use nova legacy networking)

In any event what I am suggesting is you install either netperf or iperf
into both of the VMs and run a "pure" networking benchmark between them.
  That way you do not have to worry about anything like the 4GB file
transfer filling the destination VM's file cache and then getting stuck
behind slow flushing out to storage, or any concerns with the encryption
overhead in scp etc. etc.

If you install netperf into the two VMs, I can talk you through the
process of how to run some of the more "interesting" tests.

rick