[Openstack] [Heat] Does heat have a resource to do some post-processing after a nova instance launched

Fang, Ye-hong (Gloria, HPservers-Core-OE-PSC) ye-hong.fang at hp.com
Fri Dec 12 07:38:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm a newer to heat, now I have met some problems.
Now I just want to use heat template to do some post-processing after a nova instance launched.
So I have used the diskbuilder-image to build a fedora image including heat-config-script hook.
So, my heat steps are:

1)      Write a template used OS::Nova:Server to create a nova instance with my built script, it is successful

2)      Write a template used OS::Heat:SoftwareConfig  and OS::Heat:SoftwareDeployment to deploy a script including my post-processing shell,

But it created this stack failed
My script is to power off one baremetal node.
So did SoftwareConfig and SoftwareDeployment resource used only before nova instance start?
Or anyone can give me some clues about this?

Best Regards

Gloria Fang
HP Server Core Platform Software
ye-hong.fang at hp.com<mailto:ye-hong.fang at hp.com>