[Openstack] Is it possible to use Xenserver with two virtual machines as Compute Node and Network node to set up openstack + neutron network?

Matt Van Winkle mvanwink at rackspace.com
Thu Dec 11 15:21:01 UTC 2014

Yes, for what it's worth, we manage all our public cloud regions with instances running on XenServer in a small private cloud.  That small installation is managed by Vms manually created on a small number of XenServer machines.  This includes Quantum and Melange nodes (although we hope to move them to Neutorn soon).

Additionally – our compute nodes run in production as a VM on each XenServer hypervisor.  It doubles the overhead from a "node" standpoint, but provides a lot of advantages.

Thanks!
Matt