[Openstack] Is it possible to use Xenserver with two virtual machines as Compute Node and Network node to set up openstack + neutron network?

gustavo panizzo (gfa) gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Thu Dec 11 08:50:19 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 04:06 PM, dhanesh1212121212 wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Is it possible to use Xenserver with  two virtual machines as Compute
> Node and Network node?
>
> Will it effect the performance? or the set up in any ways?

compute nodes i don't know, if it works it will be slow

i used to run my network and controller nodes under xen, works without
problems

for the network node i setup a trunk bridge to the corresponding
network. inside the vm, ovs take care of everything.

for the controller, i put the controller services on different vlan
each, xen had many bridges (one on each vlan) and i expose one interface
for each vlan to the guest

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333